Hangarplats i Stockholm?

Diskussion i 'Café Flygfyren' startad av Emmanuel R., 2 Januari 2014.

Bevakare:
Den här tråden bevakas av 6 medlemmar.
  1. Emmanuel R.

Emmanuel R. Ny medlem

Hej,

Sorry to write in English since my command of written Swedish is poor, feel absolutely free to answer this post in Swedish which I do speak and read fluently.

I am a French private pilot who moved to Bromma from Paris almost two years ago. I live near the airfield and is also a member of the SAS flygklubb which was unfortunately forced by Swedavia to move out to Norrtälje for the reasons you probably all know.

Since I lack the feeling and visibility of the Jodel and Robin DR400 I used to fly in France, I am currently investigating a possible purchase of a X-classed Jodel airplane on the Swedish registry. As for a place in a marina for sailing boats, the French are saying that you should secure a hangar first before buying the plane itself. Therefore, I am now hunting a possible hangar place as near as possible to Bromma where I do live.

Tullinge, Barbaby and Bromma are obviously not possible anymore. Kungsängen-Bro looks attractive likewise Skå-Edeby. I also noticed several private airfields in the Arlanda CTR ( Vallentuna...). Norrtälje or Uppsala are fine airfields but a little bit too far away for my taste if something closer is possible.

Before contacting all the owners/persons in charge by phone, I would like to ask the forum members these few questions :

Are you aware of available hangar places in the Stockholm? Where are the most likely airfields for that matter?

What is the typical monthly cost for an unheated hangar place in the region ?

Alternatively, is it possible to set up light structures (a.k.a reinforced tents or "aerobulles" in French) on Swedis airfields ?

Sorry if these questions sound candid to you, I used extensively the forum search function for that matter but without finding such info.

Thanks in advance for yor help, have a nce New Year and fly save!

Emmanuel

• Gillar Gillar x 1
  2. Fredrik

Fredrik Moderator Flygfyren Operations

Hej Emmanuel och välkommen till Flygfyren! Jag är säker på att det finns någon här som kan svara på dina frågor. Lycka till med hangarletandet.

• Gillar Gillar x 1
  3. Adam

Adam Aktiv medlem

Hi Emmanuel! Off the top of my head, I think that Skå-Edeby might be your best choice. It is a small and rural grass field, home to a small flying club and many veteran airplanes and restoration projects. From what I hear, the local municipality are quite positive to flying in the area, so I believe that the airfield can live on for some time (despite the intense efforts to purge the capital of any recreational flying...).

I have no idea about hangar rates etc, but if you contact the local management I am sure that they will enlighten you. I do not know if tent hangars are allowed at Skå, but I know that I have seen quite a few of these at Barkarby, so there is at least no general rule against them.

As for general questions, it might be worth contacting the local EAA chapter as well.

Happy hunting!

4. Emmanuel R.

Emmanuel R. Ny medlem

Hej Fredrik and Adam,

Thanks for your messages, I will contact the local management of Skå-Edeby in order to get more information as suggested, I just wanted to get more information before starting the hunt for a hangar. I also joined the EAA a few days ago so I guess they can be a worthy source of information.

5. Emmanuel R.

Emmanuel R. Ny medlem

Hej igen,

Since I asked you for some information, I guess it is fair to keep you updated on my hunt for a hangar place in Stockholm area, something close to the Holy Grail it seems :) .

I spoke with the persons responsible for the runway both at Skå-Edeby and Frölunda/Kungsängen. I must say that I have been impressed by their kindness plus they were very available to have a quick chat with me.

Unfortunately, there are no hangar places available there.

The latter is privately owned and has a policy of only having UL based to preserve the neighborhood from too much noise nuisance, something I perfectly understand. Moreover all hangars are full.

As for Skå-Edeby, there are no available hangar places either, which does not really come as a surprise. However, a demand to build a new one has been declined by the municipality with a clear decision that the current based fleet shall not increase in the future.

Let’s continue the hunt with first of all the EAA but any other advices are very welcome !

Good evening and stay safe !

Emmanuel

6. Adam

Adam Aktiv medlem

Thanks for the update Emmanuel! It is interesting to hear that the municipality wants to limit the fleet at Skå-Edeby. It is not so surprising given the location, but I do hope that the airfield will continue to be in operation.

I suspect that there is considerable overcrowding in Stockholm due to the recent shutdown of Barkarby airport, which was home to a number of private hangars. This situation does not seem to be resolved any time soon. Here is some information on the (lack of) progress for a new airport: http://www.dn.se/sthlm/svart-hitta-ny-flygplats-i-stockholm/

7. Yankee

Yankee Medlem

8. Spacemani

Spacemani Aktiv medlem

Hej Emmanuel, vi kanske har en plats ledig på Troslanda (Trosa Flygklubb). Dessutom har vi Jodel vänner åt dig.

Hör av dig om det kan vara av intresse så skall jag kolla närmare.

• Gillar Gillar x 2
  9. Emmanuel R.

Emmanuel R. Ny medlem

Hej Spacemani,

Thanks for your message and yes, I am interested, you can contact me at eurothan@gmx.net . It would be nice to have other Jodel owners as hangar neighbors !

10. Jesper Bremme

Jesper Bremme Ny medlem

Hi Did you find anything ?
    I might have space in my hangar in Bålsta give me a call
    Jesper

Laddar...

Dela sidan