Recommendations PPL in Florida

Diskussion i 'Flygutbildning' startad av Thomas Björn, 4 Mars 2017.

Bevakare:
Den här tråden bevakas av 3 medlemmar.
  1. Thomas Björn

Thomas Björn Ny medlem

Hi everybody.
    Just passed my Medical class 2 and applying to attend PPL training in Florida starting June this year. I don't go to the States for saving money but for 3 reasons:
    1) Pretty good weather condicions
    2) Compressed time for completion (I'm an independant consultant working for clients rest of the year)
    3) An experience staying 2-2,5 months in the States

Anyway I have located 2 flying schools EASA certified in Florida:
    - Naples Air Center,South Naples Florida
    - European Flight Training, Fort Pierce,Florida
    Question: Any experience, advice or preference for the two schools...anybody?

• Gillar Gillar x 1
  2. Gangalo

Gangalo Ny medlem

Hej,
    Jag började skola EASA PPL (H) i Florida i höstas men var tvungen att åka hem pga. sjukdom i familjen. Kan ge dig allmänna råd.
    Skolade bla. i Fort Pierce men på Atlantic Helicopters om skolar EASA helikopter. Har lite koll på flygskolan du nämner och bra koll på Fort Pierce i allmänhet.

Roland

3. FarewellFire

FarewellFire Aktiv medlem

I did my initial training in San Diego for the very same reasons that you mention. I had a great time and flying in the US is arguably a lot of fun and very different from back home. I have heard good things about both of these training facilities but have no personal experience to share. Be ready for a bit of a culture shock when you return home, even though you'll train according to EASA syllabus you will still fly according to FAA standards which means some slight differences in technique (joining traffic patterns, etc) and radio chatter. Hence, coming back and doing an hour or so with a Swedish instructor is always a good idea when you're done.

Good luck!

Laddar...

Dela sidan