Ask about Maps and Charts

Diskussion i 'Flygutbildning' startad av Musty, 4 Augusti 2010.

1. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

Hello everybody

I will begen with PPl in septemper in Västerås flyg klubb and i need to ask about the Maps Or charts that we will use in the ppl so i can buy it now and understand it befor we begen .

what kind of Charts and Map we will use it ?

Thank you

2. Epelle

Epelle Medlem

Hello Musty!

Normaly. I´ll think, all maps and charts (you´ll need) is included in the "teori-paket.
    Think you can buy it from www.ksab.se.

It will include, at least, one ICAO-map (1:500 000), ona swedish TMA-map (1:250 000) and the compend "Svenska flyfgfält (Approchcharts and more).

Good luck!

3. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

thank you so much

Yes i know about the teori paket but i will study in oxford aviation book in english , i will make an order for all charts from ksab .

thank you so much again

4. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

I see there are many of charts

take a look here and tell me if i must buy one of them or all ? or these charts for all sweden , like if i need to go from västerås airport to kiruna airport must have all the charts route ?

http://www.ksab.net/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=8&Itemid=28

and about the TMA too

http://www.ksab.net/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=7&Itemid=28

what about the approch maps can you give me the link to all maps thats i need it plz ?

thanks again

5. Micke_xyz

Micke_xyz Medlem

You´re required to bring a map that covers the area you are currently flying in.

The advantage with the laminated (plastad) TMA-map is that you can draw lines and write compass headings et.c. and then erase it with alcohol cleaner (t-röd for instance).

For shorter flights within the vincinity of the home base I prefer the TMA map. It has twice the resolution compared to the ICAO map and I think that airspace boundaries are more distinct.

For a long flight, a bunch of TMA-maps will be expensive and hard to fold in the plane, so then the ICAO map is to prefer.

At the FPC you´ll find Weather Information and Charts.
    Look under IAIP -> AD -> AD2 and you´ll find information about airports and approach charts for the airports, if any.

6. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

Thank you so much

Best Regards

Laddar...

Dela sidan