Roskilde

Diskussion i '033 Färdplanering' startad av Domino, 11 Augusti 2009.

1. Domino

Domino Ny medlem

Jag skall flyga till Roskilde för att plocka upp en passagerare att flyga tillbaka. Jag hade lite frågor om deras rutiner där, men jag tänkte att jag mailar till lokala flygklubben istället.
    Av svaret nedan märks det att det var rätt val :)

Min fråga var hur jag enklast plockade upp en passagerare i Roskilde.
    Snacka om utförligt och service-inriktat svar...

Hello Robert,

I got your mail from our webmaster, who is on vacation at the moment. Let me jump right to the answers, as well as I can.

The easy way in and out of Roskilde airport is through the airport office right at the main apron. We use the same way. Some times of course we need to drive our car to the hangar area, but the easy way for just parking, pausing and picking up a passenger is to go through the airport office. When you leave, they just need to see your valid license, then they will let you take along your passenger to the main apron (and only there).
    [I guess technically the correct order would be to park at the apron, talk to the airport office staff, taxi to refuel, taxi back to the apron, and then pausing and fetching your colleague from outside the airport fence, pay for the departure (and possibly for parking) at the airport office, and go fly home.]

Usually we park small planes (don't know what your are flying of course) at the south of the main apron. Maybe the staff will ask you if you can move to a particular spot. Don't worry they mean well, they are probably just trying to make better room for the occasional business jets.

Fueling 100LL is done at the self service fuel station. A BP-carnet card is used there. If you don't have a BP-carnet I think you can pay at the airport office instead, but I have never tried that myself. Maybe one of the other club members can answer that question before next week.

Flying in Denmark is easy. The country side is very flat. If you arrive VFR, you probably want to look at these pages http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dsweb/View/Collection-596 . When flying VFR we tend to stay below the Copenhagen TMAs (the TMAs are called Copenhagen Area), which at e.g. Roskilde goes all the way down to 1500 MSL; but if you prefer you can contact the relevant approach frequencies and get clearance to cross; usually you get clearance without any problem. Danish ATC is very flexible and they don't need a lot of detail on the flight plan. As long as you have a fligth plan just call up when arriving at the FIR boundary. If you cross the boundary below Copenhagen TMA you should contact Copenhagen Information on 127.075 MHz. That is the single greatest hint for flying in Denmark; Copenhagen Information is always very helpful.
    An exception of course is if your flight beneath Copenhagen Area takes you into Kastrup CTR, you obviously need to speak to Kastrup then. Also please note that Copenhagen Area extends well into Swedish FIR (if that part is actually then Swedish FIR is an ongoing discussion at our flying club).
    One other thing; you should say goodbye to Copenhagen Information and contact Roskilde Tower in a timely maner, at your own initiative [Cph Info won't know how long you need to listening to ATIS and contacting Roskilde, or if you have several radios].

A final point. Some of the towns should be avoided for noise abatement (see the VFR approach chart from the link above, if flying VFR). Usually, but of course weather dependant, it is no problem to simply edge around all of the smaller towns, and that way it becomes a little less important which small town is actually which small town. [Maybe not a hint that our instructors should know about; we are supposed to be able to tell all the towns apart right? ;-) ]

Please tell, if there are any hints in particular that you would like. Only risk is that you may hear me go on and on :)

I hope you (and your colleague) get a pleasant flight to (and from) Denmark.

2. Fredrik

Fredrik Moderator Flygfyren Operations

Instämmer :tup

Dela sidan