PPL prov

Diskussion i 'Flygutbildning' startad av hiigaran, 10 Oktober 2010.

1. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

hej,

jag ska saga nu att min tangentbord ar fran australien, sa jag har inte de tre svensk bokstaver. jag ska skriva pa engelska.

i moved to sweden about two years ago from australia, where i was a student pilot. i am studying for my PPL, but i have hit a big problem. my level of swedish is not going to be good enough to take the theoretical part of my exam. i know that the CAA has exams in english, but for some very stupid reason, no flying school throughout sweden offers their school tests in english (i have called almost every flying school i could find). this is a big problem and i dont know what to do.

is there anyone here who knows how i can get my PPL? i have been learning swedish of course, but i am not at any real level where i can use it, aside from very basic conversations.

any help would be greatly appreciated - the sooner i can get my PPL, the sooner i can get the other licenses and fly commercially.

2. Zeta

Zeta Medlem

I know there was an Italian student, studying for PPL in English at NAFK (nafk.se). :)

3. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

thank you - i will call them tomorrow (or on monday if they are not open on weekends). i will let you know what happens.

4. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

Hello

I studing my ppl in english in VFK , and i will explain to you did do to get it , i have the same problem little swedish best english and i had conacted a lot of school about this and all they told me you must do the ppl ground in swedish , then i went to VFK and they told me you can do like that .....

1- shop a cd for oxford aviation .

2- study on it befor we will begen so you will be able to understan what going on in the lecture .

3- the ground it will be in swedish but little english too if you dont understand something .

4- your instractur in english when you fly .

and now i student there and study in oxford book if you want come to VFK and they will help you with that

Best Regards

5. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

well i tried to call that other school, but no one picked up the phone, so i will ask tomorrow.

Im sorry, i am not familiar with VFK. can you tell me more?

also, i have a JAR-FCL ATPL from oxford...all 6030 pages of it. i dont think i need it all just for a PPL, so do you know what specific parts i should read? air law is very hard to remember, but i dont think i need to know it all yet.

one more thing - is there a sample test online in swedish that i can take a look at?

6. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

The PPL kit from oxford not the Atpl kit take a glance here

http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=7331

Vfk in västerås in johensberg airfiled web begen in 7 septemper , we already finish the Aircraft General Knowloged and we will finished the radio telephony in tusday , take a glance here www.vfk.nu , in the lecture only swedish but if i need something i ask in english and explain in english too , the school test in english or swedish .

here is some test from transporttyrelson for all subject but in english

type anything to logen

http://ls-demo.lplus-teststudio.de/webtrainer-assistent/DemoLogin.aspx

Best Wishes

7. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

alright, ive called up the flying school from the link (nafk.se)...i wasnt expecting an easy answer to this. so, lets start right at the beginning. if i have never flown before - if i have never studied anything aviation related, what is the first thing i must do, as an english speaking person, to start on the path to getting a PPL?

8. Zeta

Zeta Medlem

First you will have to get yourself a student permission, then a medical class 2. After that you can commence your studies. :)

9. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

hmm...student permission? i never got that in my school. all i did was fill out a membership form. so what do i have to do to get this permission?

my australian medical should still be valid (valid for 4 years..2 years left on it)...hopefully i wont need to take another one.

10. Zeta

Zeta Medlem

I suggest that you contact the Swedish CAA. :)

11. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

At first

Student permit from transporttyrelson , you must write with which school you will begen

1- send the application with PersonBevis from skattverkit,
    go to the polis and told them i want a aplication to student pilot (poilis otradning ) they will give it to you , fill it there and they take it form you then they will send it to the transportyrelson dirctly ,
    2-medical 2 , the doctor send it dirctly to transporttyrelson

Mvh

12. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

alright, then from there, what needs to be done to get the PPL? sorry about this, but at the moment, im just saving up a whole load of money for flying, so i wont be doing any for a while, so i want to ask now, and then write it down so i wont forget it.

13. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

After that you will get the permit from transporttyrelson and began your study

thats all, but Note all school in sweden the pp teori in swedish , but you can explain to the school that you need to study in english ,if they accept that you will come to the swedish lecture and listen and discass in english ,you will get it as soon as you will do all the test .

Mvh

14. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

thanks for the help - now its time for me to study!

15. hiigaran

hiigaran Ny medlem

alright, after doing a few of those online exams, i started to notice something...it doesnt tell you if your answers are right or wrong! i thought i was having a lucky streak with getting ticks next to all the questions, and then i decided to do a test where i purposefully put wrong answers, and the tick still came up. how can i be sure that i am getting the right answers?

also, since my last reply here, i have downloaded this set of oxford aviation disks which is almost like a replacement for the books (the teaching is done with pictures and audio). so far i have only done air law on it. it comes with some practice exam questions which i seem to be scoring an average of 85% on. its not bad, but its not good either. anyway, my concern with this is that this is from the UK, so things are definitely different.

one final question - i dont want to get too ahead of myself, but im training in a C172 (well, its been nearly a year and a half unfortunately). its very expensive as it is to fly in one of those aircraft, but what is going to happen once i have to move up? a C172 is fine for a PPL, but after getting my NR and IR, i would have to move up to multi engine and get a rating for that. i remember back in australia that it was about 4 times more expensive for a twin prop. is there any kind of sponsorship, or government grant or anything else that i can get to help reduce the cost of my flying training once i resume it again? i dont care if it is only a little cheaper, but anything is still good. unfortunately for me, the total income we (my mother and i, that is) get is not much at all.

16. Musty

Musty Ny medlem

you can not see that you get the wrong or the true answer from this website and by the way the exam is not for ppl only it is for cpl and atpl it is only tests so you can see how the test will be .

the book in uk the sweden no diffrent it is one reguler jaa i made the 2 exam and it is very good for it .

the bank or csn will help you but the csn will pay for all study not only the ppl

best regards

Laddar...

Dela sidan